Prior to arrival at game/contest site
- Check student roster for student leader assigned to your bus. Locate student leader, introduce yourself, and give him/her the roster. Only band directors can approve roster changes.
- Introduce yourself to bus driver and place the bus number signs on front and side windows of bus.
- One chaperone and one student leader will sit near front of bus, and one chaperone and one student leader will sit near the back of the bus.
- Have student leaders remind students as needed that sitting, lying, standing in the aisles is not allowed. Sharing blankets is also not allowed.
- Med kit is always on bus 1.
- Only band students, band staff, and working chaperones are allowed on the band buses or in the stands with the band at any time.
Upon arrival at game/contest site
- Ask student leaders to remind all students to take everything with them to the stands (water bottles, hats, garment bags, etc.)
- The med kit will be on the front row of the stands.
- Go to the equipment trailer to unload seat cushions and ice chests to take to the stands.
- Pass out seat cushions as needed.
- If you leave your assigned area for any reason (to escort kids to restroom, fill up water jugs, etc.), tell the vice president.
- Escort students to the restroom as needed in groups of three or more.
- Discourage family members and friends from chatting with band members during the game. You may offer to pass a message from the parent to the student as needed.
- Offer to help with uniforms as needed as they prepare for half-time.
- Remain in stands during the performance to watch over personal belongings and band equipment, unless you have been assigned to help with the pit crew.
- No student may leave with anyone unless approved in advance by a band director. If a student is approved to leave, the chaperone must see a photo ID of the person taking the student.
- During 4th quarter, pass trash bags and collect seat cushions.
- Make sure stands are clean as students leave.
- Return ice chests and seat cushions to trailer.
- Remind student leaders to have students pick up all trash before leaving bus.
- Return the numbered signs, chaperone folder, and chaperone tags to a vice president.