Hello Timberwolf Band Family!
What a fantastic first day for the full 2016 Timberwolf Band! We directors are SO proud of the wonderful efforts of all of our students today… We really started off the year together on the right foot! I’m sure you’re students are home now, excited and TIRED from a full day of rehearsal… There were a few items we spoke to through the day, and in our end of the day announcements, that I wanted to share with you, to ensure nothing is missed as we set-up the many systems and processes that make this band program great!
– Today, we kicked off an email fundraiser called “Snap”! There will be many more details to come later, but for now… students received a hand-out that we would like them to complete and return by the start of rehearsal tomorrow. Their job is to come up with 20 emails of folks they know who they think might consider contributing, even in a small way, to our band program. This fundraiser will be an easy way for us to keep those Grand Nationals tuition fees down! Please encourage your child to complete this form tonight, so that we can help make this fundraiser happen!
– Barbeque Tickets are in your hands! Sell, sell, sell! The deadline for selling these tickets is this Friday!
– Flag Fundraiser… Do your neighbors have flag subscription from the Cedar Park Band? Well, they should! Please continue to reach out to your friends and family who live in our attendance zone… every subscription helps!
– Booster Meeting; Tuesday, August 2nd, at 7 pm! Come one, come all!
– Ice Cream Social; Thursday, August 4th, from 6-10 pm. Our leaders will be scooping ice cream, and the proceeds benefit the CP Band. Come out for a sweet treat and some fun!
– Lock-in Social; Friday, August 5th; from 9 pm to 6 am the following morning. This is consistently one of our students’ favorite events of the year! Be sure to check with your student to have their permission slip completed and returned ASAP – by Friday at the latest!
o We ask that each student bring a food item, assigned by section. You can find your child’s assignment online, on the band calendar!
PREPARATIONS FOR DAILY REHERSAL
– Remember your materials! Today, we made a BIG deal about every student having all of their materials… especially ALL of their music! Please check out our music directory, found online through the Student page of the band website (username: cphsband, password: timberwolf) for details… All materials are printable from there!
– All students should now have all instruments they will use checked out to them, including concert & marching instruments for most instrument groups. If your child does not have both, or is missing one, please have them come see me, and I will make sure they are connected with the instrument that has been made available to them!
– Most students faired very well in the sun today! We spoke a strong message of eating right (especially breakfast!), drinking water, and getting plenty of sleep… Please help us keep our band family healthy!
– There are many, many details that happen during summer band that can be hard to keep up with. It is our hope that students will reach out to their section leaders and other older students and peers to ask for help! Check with your child to see if they have signed up for the “Remind” text thread – these reminders can be invaluable to your child!
– Private Lessons are ready for sign-ups! If you have not done so already, please visit the band website to sign-up for private lessons. With over 95% of our program engaged in steady lessons with a professional on their instrument, this program is one of primary reasons for the Cedar Park Band’s successes over these many years! Please direct all questions regarding lessons to Mr. Brown (email@example.com).
SMARTMUSIC (WINDS ONLY)
– All wind students are expected to sign up for and enroll in their two assigned classes on SmartMusic no later than this Friday, by the start of the rehearsal day! This tool will be an invaluable help through the entire year – and, especially now, as all of their music is currently up on SmartMusic to use as a practice tool!
The Band Staff